Downloaded McFee

chasbea28 18:51 02 Feb 07

I have downloaded McFee and am now told on my security that I do not have a Windows Firewall.
Does this matter,if so what do I do ?
Regards
Chasbea

surfmonkey #:@}© 18:59 02 Feb 07

not a good idea to go on net without a fire wall enable thewindows one
start/connect to/ show all connections/click on you conntection properties goto advanced firewall settings enable it
that will do untill you get a better on windows firewall isnt to good i think it only works one way may be rong tho

chasbea28 19:08 02 Feb 07

Thanks for you prompt reply, will try and let you know as soon as posible.
Best regards
Chasbea

VoG II 19:25 02 Feb 07

McAfee has probably disabled the Windows firewall because it has its own. Check in the McAfee Security Center.

chasbea28 11:28 03 Feb 07

I am a very senior surfer.
Do not know how to check McFee as yousurgest.
Best Regards
Chasbea

provider 2 11:53 03 Feb 07

chasbea28,
Is it the AOL version of McAfee Personal Firewall you have downloaded or a paid for version? I`m not being nosey but I do know how to fiddle about with one but not the other!

chasbea28 11:56 03 Feb 07

Its a free for a time from AOL.
Regards
Chasbea

provider 2 12:02 03 Feb 07

OK, then. It will opoerate with the Windows firewall still funtioning too, but the gurus say it`s not a good idea to have two firewalls because they will conflict with each other.

provider 2 12:03 03 Feb 07

operate not "opoerate", sorry,

provider 2 12:10 03 Feb 07

I have both (belt and braces?) mainly because my son`s experiments wih music sharing files have left me being bombarded with file-sharing requests, sometimes 3000 daily which the McAfee firewall seems to stop pretty effectively.

chasbea28 12:16 03 Feb 07

Dear provider 2
You are worse than my wife, she is always telling me about my spelling. ( Was typing error ).
Will stay with McFee.
Best Regards
Laughing chasbea

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos