Downloaded Games won't uninstall

AngelicAngel 10:53 16 Sep 05

Sometime ago I downloaded 2 trial games from AOL (tradewinds and Spaceclash). I have just tried to unistall the games, but it says that another program is using them and i have to close that program 1st. Is there anyway of finding out what program is using these, or has anyone any ideas on how to get rid of them? I have tried to just drag the desktop icons to the recycle bin aswell but I still get the same error.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

johnnyrocker 11:00 16 Sep 05

try in safe mode?

AngelicAngel 12:28 16 Sep 05

Have tried in safe mode but they still won't go ...Any other ideas?

Curio 18:26 16 Sep 05

See if they are in your notification tray. If so, close them there then uninstall

GaT7 18:35 16 Sep 05

Or, try a Ctrl+Alt+Del, end their processes & then try deleting. G

rawprawn 18:36 16 Sep 05

Try reinstalling and then uninstall in safe mode. Failing that try Smart uninstaller (Forced Removal) click here

rawprawn 18:48 16 Sep 05

Sorry I meant "Advanced Uninstaller" but unfortunately you can no longer get a free trial.

User-312386 18:50 16 Sep 05

use the disc or download you used to uninstall them

i.e pop the disc in and it should have an option to uninstall

AngelicAngel 13:57 19 Sep 05

Thanks to all who gave me some ideas. Have re-installed the games and now they have deleted without any problems.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…