Downloaded files will not open

BlackLab 00:32 24 Jul 04

I am running I.E.6.0 on Windows 98 s.e.
Since returning home I find that when I click on a "download now" type of link on any web-site, the web-site will indicate that the selected file is downloading but the "download dialogue box" (or whatever you call it), does not appear. It is apparent that something is downloading, but I do not know where it is going. When the activity ceases I sometimes get a new window with what looks like a tiny file icon in its top left-hand corner. This icon is very small and looks like a box containing multi-coloured triangles. This "File" will not open. Please advise.

GaT7 00:42 24 Jul 04

Try an IE repair.

Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Click on 'Microsoft Internet Explorer...' & click on Add/Remove. In the box that pops up click on 'Repair Internet Explorer' & press OK. Restart your PC when the process completes. Good luck, G

GaT7 00:49 24 Jul 04

As a temporary workaround or alternative you could try a free download manager like Fresh Download click here or LeechGet 2004 click here. I use the former & am well satisfied. HTH, G

BlackLab 19:39 25 Jul 04

I have installed DAP as a workaround.
I tried the repair option, unfortunately it made no difference.

GaT7 20:22 25 Jul 04

Also try click here & click here.

Do you have all Win updates installed? click here to check.

Have you checked your PC with antispyware & antivirus programs? If not, I'll give you some links when you reply.

DAP is ad/spyware -
click here. The alternatives I gave you earlier aren't. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…