Download/Dr Watson problem !

curlylad 17:22 06 Aug 03

I have recently tried to download screensavers and games from this and other sites but have encountered a problem.
The download screen/window appears and seems to be doing everything fine until the end.
When the download is complete and I click the open button , a window appears saying that an error has occured whilst tring to download , and that the file is not a valid Dr Watson file .
Firstly , what in the name of jumping jelly fish is a Dr Watson file, and secondly how do I over come this problem.
p.s. I know as much about computers and using them as I do about explaining the full thory of quantum physics, so please post any responses in an idiot proof style ,
Many tanx,

spikeychris 18:26 06 Aug 03

Dr. Watson is a system utility program that writes a log file for system
problems. You can go to windows explorer (windows key + E) click on view in the top and go to
file types and remove DR Watson log.

VoG II 19:04 06 Aug 03

What is the file type of these downloads. I suspect that they are compressed .zip files and (for some reason) Windows thinks they are Dr Watson files.

Do you have software for opening .zip files. If not, download WinZip free trial click here

Then try again.

Or if you already have WinZip, save the download, click the Open Folder button, shift+right click on the file and select Open With and select WinZip from the list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…