Download troubles

Carol Sco 11:28 30 Aug 03

This is driving me nuts!
I can't download anything on my main machine, from anywhere not even windows update or my own web site.
All the other machines on my network are still able to download but when I try with my main machine I get the error "IE can not download unable to open this internet site, the requested site cannot be found please try again later"
I have run a virus scan and also AD Aware as well as spy bot and they find nothing. I turned off my firewall (ZA Pro) and that made no difference. Put the security settings for IE to low and it still did not work.........am I missing something? Fell like a complete idiot with this post but I can't think on anything else to try.
TIA

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:42 30 Aug 03

Reload IE and select custom from the menu. Tick everything EXCEPT media palyer and languages. Failing that you could have a hosts file problem click here and drill down to A..fixing disappearing websites.

G

Carol Sco 11:50 30 Aug 03

Thanks Gandalf
I can get all the web sites just fine it's just if you click on any hyperlink thingy to sart a download nothing happens but the error comes up.I am running xp pro and even done the thing with the disc in the draw to check all the files were complete sfc/scannnow.
How do you reload IE then?

bvw in bristol 11:55 30 Aug 03

Delete your Temp. Internet Files.

Carol Sco 12:00 30 Aug 03

Makes no difference bvm..they are only set at 5mb and even cleared it still don't work.
Most downloads I do are from my Outlook, a link in my mail (they are also small files) but even cut and paste into the browser makes no difference.

Carol Sco 23:26 30 Aug 03

Any more ideas before I install Netscape just to get downloads?

Carol Sco 10:44 02 Sep 03

I am going to bump this one more time before I give up and re-format this thing.
I have all the updates for IE6 and have noticed now that if i right click to save any graphics that they all BMP when I know the pic is a gif or a JPG I don't know if the download trouble and this are connected.
Any help would be appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…