download time..

simongy 20:48 31 Aug 03

I have a dial up isp, with 56k modem. Does having greater memory, bigger hard drive and faster processor make the downloading of files quicker?
thks in advance...

powerless 20:51 31 Aug 03

Only a faster connection will make a difference.

Also if your surfing at the sametime whilst downloading this will also slow the download down. So it is best just to let it download and do nothing else this way it will be fast. Also downlaoding in the early morning is ideal as the americans are sleeping.

soy 21:06 31 Aug 03

You can speed up downloads by using a download manager. I use Stardownloader click here. Stardownloader helps speeds up downloads by splitting the download into multiple smaller files and downloads all small files at the same time.

Some people will say that download managers don't work but I truly have seen speed increases in my downloads. Wouldn't hurt to try though, huh?

simongy 21:11 31 Aug 03

cheers powerless and soy: I will just have to wait till we get broadband in grimsby, whenever that will be: anyone got any ideas when that will be?? GY is in N E Lincs.

yonex24562 22:10 31 Aug 03

click here and enter your details. hope this helps

simongy 09:53 01 Sep 03

cheers to everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…