download speed?

Tk_RiceZ 23:07 22 Mar 05

what should the typical download for a 512kbp/s adsl line be? because all i can reach is 30 kbp/s which is like old 256 kbp/s connection. This is apparently an "update" from AOL!!!! but i'm not convinced.....anybody got/had update and works? please do say

FelixTCat 23:09 22 Mar 05

About 480 kb/s would be fair (60 KBytes/sec). It does sound like yours is running half speed.

Kev.Ifty 23:09 22 Mar 05

Try this test

click here

Cheers Kev

rabies 23:15 22 Mar 05

How are you connecting, USB or ethernet? If you are using an onboard lan adapter this could be the problem (as I recently found out on my comp.)

Tk_RiceZ 00:10 23 Mar 05

usb, aol has given me the reason of spyware as the problem, but i run spybot daily and get rid of any before i come online so.......has anybody's update been successful in terms of doublind the speed?

Tk_RiceZ 00:17 23 Mar 05

i obtained the results and done it about 10 times. the results were between 120 kb/s - 238 kb/s max. this is making me angry because it seems nothing has been updated like they indicated!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

postie 07:55 23 Mar 05

Again I'm being stupid but I have always been lead to believe that it all depends on what speed the sender can download at !!!!

Tk_RiceZ 02:12 29 Mar 05

well i've downloaded using bittorent and then downloaded from a server like msn ans still only rching 30kB/s ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…