//some 3rd party need geo

Download quota

shakadimas2000 20:58 19 Jan 04

i am a university student. but our uni has a fixed download quota of 500 mb. n if we exceed that limit we get banned from internet. so i m looking for a software which can stop downloads when it reaches certain limit. any kind of help is wel comed. thank you.

DieSse 22:41 19 Jan 04

Ask your university for the monitoring software - if they have a limit they're almost bound to have a monitor program for you, or know what to use - if not then they should have.

Sheila-214876 22:43 19 Jan 04

Not a help because I don't know of any software that can do that for you (even if there was you would probably have to have it installed on the uni server) but can you not write down the file size every time you download something and then transfer it to an Excel spreadsheet which would keep an account of it for you? Is the download quota fixed at 500mb for the whole time you are there or is it monthly, weekly, quarterly or what.

Chegs ® 22:51 19 Jan 04

click here

Loads of software available here,but as was stated it possibly needs installed on the Uni's server.I am off to have a look thru the links that google pulled in,see if any are free and where they need installed.

shakadimas2000 14:49 21 Jan 04

well i searched in the google and found a software but it is not free. and i have already asked uni about it but they dont have such software. i mean i can monitor the downloads when i m sitting on my computer but when i m not there n it is still downloading somthin then i m banned if goes beyond 500mb per day.

thanks everyone

this is the site
click here

Jester2K 14:52 21 Jan 04

Why would it be downloading something when you are not there?

Surely when you start downloading something you know how big that file is??

DieSse 22:13 21 Jan 04

500Mb a day is a LOT of downloading!!!

Mike ® 22:24 21 Jan 04

P2P maybe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…