Download Query

Skywalker7 18:41 PM 17 Feb 12

Please can someone explain to me why the following occurs. When I am on a website and I see something that I like, I click on Page and then Save As, I give the item a name and save it in My Documents. When I open the saved item in My Documents, I find two items;the one is a folder with the same name as the saved item saying- files. The second one is the the same named folder with an HTML. I now end up with duplicate folders/files of the same name and find it very irritating. Am I doing something wrong? Hope someone can advise me. Thank you Skywalker

johndrew 11:09 AM 18 Feb 12

When you select "Save As .." you should have a window open which allows you to identify where you want to save the page and the file type. If you select a file name it will provide a folder. I suggest you select "Desktop" and leave the name as automatically selected but confirm your file type. You should then simply have the page with no folder; this can be renamed (leave the suffix if it's visible) and moved to wherever you want it kept.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11