Download problems (trial video edit programs)

Trikie 00:09 28 May 05

I'm trying to download the trial version of Ulead Studio 9. Its a 173 MB that takes 30 minutes. However, the download window disappeared 3 times. The first time, 5 minutes into the download, I restarted it and it went back to the start again. It then disappeared twice more, after 5 and 11 minutes, but each time I restarted it it picked up at where it had stopped. The website screen stayed all the time so I had not lost the internet connection.

Trying to install the download the unzip screen stopped because of a damaged file - presumably a result of the 2 breaks during the download transfer.

What caused these breaks and how can I prevent them when I try again?

Night Ryder 00:37 28 May 05

What speed is your connection? Modem/ADSL?

Border Collie 00:38 28 May 05

You could try Fresh Download click here

Border Collie 00:38 28 May 05

You could try Fresh Download click here

Night Ryder 00:50 28 May 05

Why?

Pooke100 00:50 28 May 05

when i had problems downloading big files, namely some live linux distro ISO's (upto 1.5 gig in size) I found closing the browsers and running ccleaner to clear all temp. files and trying again worked.

I don't use any download managers and I am on a 2 meg connection.

Night Ryder 00:56 28 May 05

Pooke100

Good point. Had to do this myself in the past.

Border Collie 13:56 28 May 05

Night Ryder, was the Why? Directed at me?

Try it and see, if you get cut of it will pick up the download from where it left off. I haven't used it since I went on to BB but with dial-up, it's a must have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…