Download Problems IE6 and Win ME

Epirb406 18:32 23 Oct 03

Hi all, abandoning complicated post below in a solve one thing at a time problem sorting approach, hope this OK.

Browser and system working fine.

If I right click and choose download on an exe file I get all the right boxes, choose name and destination and download begins, briefly.

I get a download of something like 200 bytes (Not constant)and then SOMETHING is stopping the rest.

No firewall, antivirus currently disabled.

Tried IE repair option. Hit all the defaults under tools and options.

Any ideas good people, have been casting around the net, some people seem to have the same problem but no solutions.

Cheers, Epirb.

Epirb406 19:19 23 Oct 03

Hi all,

have to report a solution to my own problems which brings it's own probs.

The offending item is my wireless networking card. If I disable this in the current profile everything returns to normal.

This bring anyone any nearer any bright ideas?

Cheers, eeeps

expertec 20:22 23 Oct 03

have you checked if there any driver updates gor your wireless card, what make and model is it?

Epirb406 20:59 23 Oct 03

Its a US robotics 22 Mbps wireless adapter, matched with a PCMIA version of the same in my laptop.

Updated both drivers just a couple of days ago.

Cheers, Epirb.

expertec 08:54 24 Oct 03

How long have you had this problem?

Epirb406 18:01 24 Oct 03

Had the problem since I created this network!

Have emailed usr but no response so far.

Would love to know if there is a fix for this lack of functionality. The whole idea of this network was to get the computer into the living room, it only working 99% is an unbeleivable pain.

Any ideas folks?

Epirb406 21:06 06 Nov 03

Solution is at click here

Thanks all, Epirb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…