Download problems with Acrobat 5

Rogerthedog 14:34 02 Apr 03

I recently lost my acrobat reader and cannot seem to download the free version from anywhere. I end up with an icon on the desktop and if I click on it it starts to unpack the reader - then nothing happens. Seems I'm downloading a corrupt file. When I shutdown the installshield process starts but obviously doesn't finish because winows is closing.

€dstow 14:46 02 Apr 03

Try these:

Ensure you are trying to download Acrobat Reader and not Acrobat. (I've known people confuse the two)

Open the download and install from the website rather than copying and installing later.

The official site for download is click here

Remove all remnants of old installations before attempting to load afresh.

If you're using Me or XP, try a system restore back to before you had these problems.

€d

€dstow 15:11 02 Apr 03

Rec'd by email:

"Thanks Ed - tried all those. (I'm a relative novice by the way).
Tried system restore as I use XP but the damned thing won't let me restore."

Afraid I'm stuck then but, you could try going through their Support Database click here to see if there's a similar problem reported before.

Please respond via the forum as it then gives others a chance to add things when I become stuck for a solution - as here!

€d

Tesman 17:45 02 Apr 03

It would be an awful lot quicker and easier to load it from a magazine cover disc-PCA features it virtually every month.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…