Download problem

muddypaws 12:09 15 Nov 06

For the last 3 or 4 days I appear to have lost the ability to download files from the internet.
I get the panel up to select save or open. No matter which one I select the file is never there.
Save to desktop--nothing shows. Open--nothing anywhere. Even tried the latest SpySweeper programme update with the same result.
The green bar scrolls as it downloads, but when it finishes I no longer get the 'ping' sound and the panel just vanishes on its own.
Tried with various firewalls turned off.
Any ideas please

muddypaws 12:17 15 Nov 06

But I can still access videos etc on Utube for example--should I want to!

bof:) 12:37 15 Nov 06

Hi muddypaws, are you using Internet Explorer or some other browser to connect to the internet?

How many firewalls are you running at once? Generally one is enough.

Mike

muddypaws 13:31 15 Nov 06

bof. Using IE. with Win. firewall, Norton and SS.
Never had problem before.
However since starting to write this I have tried again and managed to d/load SS update and another zip OK.
So perhaps it was a 3 day gremlin.!
Wont resolve yet just in case. Thanks.

rawprawn 13:34 15 Nov 06

Turn Windows Firewall off, you should not run two firewalls together. What is SS?

muddypaws 14:50 15 Nov 06

Webroot-SpySweeper.
No problem with running the firewalls.
What I think may have cured it is that I ran Norton one button check up which threw up a few registry and other errors and corrected them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…