Download MS Word or PDF files .. How?

Charlie Babbage 15:52 05 Jun 06

How do you implement the facility for the user of your web site to dowmnload (if they wish) a MS Word or PDF document.

I'm building my site with Serif WebPlus 9. For testing purposes, I've uploaded the site to the freespace allocated by my ISP, Virgin Net. However, is something special required at the server end which may not be available in freespace?

Also, how do you upload the files in the first place? Presumably use FTP but where do you put them once they get to the remote serber?

beynac 16:14 05 Jun 06

Yes, you would need to use FTP to upload the files, if SerifPlus doesn't do it for you. You could create a folder called, for example, 'downloads' and put them in that. Nothing special should be required on the web server. Put links to the documents in your web pages. When a user clicks on the link their browser will read the extension (.pdf or .doc) and take the appropriate action.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…