Download Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.7

WRS 19:32 12 Oct 07

Earlier today I had reason to uninstall F/Fox 2.0.0.7. Problem with reinstalling same version. On hitting 'Download' button following message appears 'This file does not have a program associated it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.' Have looked at Folder Options but have no idea what to do. Help please.

Technotiger 19:44 12 Oct 07

Go to Start>Control Panel>Folder Options click on File Types tab, look to see if Firefox is listed - if not listed click on New then add under Extensions type (NONE) with the brackets, then under File Types type - Firefox URL. Then Apply and OK out.

WRS 19:58 12 Oct 07

Technotiger, thanks, have checked Folder Options, File Types and firefox URL is listed.

Technotiger 20:27 12 Oct 07

Hmmm, strange, have you tried a System Restore back to before you uninstalled FF? - or back to before you had the problem which caused you to uninstall FF?

cocteau48 20:39 12 Oct 07

Just a thought but after you have uninstalled and prior to reinstallation go to C\Program Files\Mozilla firefox and manually delete anything which the uninstallation may have left behind. Then try reinstalling.

WRS 20:40 12 Oct 07

Technotiger. Yes I have tried System Restore and think there is something wrong here also as I have chosen several restore points and am told that my computer cannot be restored to these points. Am suspicious of 'Bear Share' recently downloaded (and removed) by my grandson (18yrs)!
This is beginning to feel like a major issue, thanks for trying.

have a look in c/documents and settings/owner/application data/mozilla/firefox/profiles
delete and try again from

click here

Technotiger 05:24 13 Oct 07

When you tried the System Restore, did you make sure to try only dates that were shown in Bold print?

Dates not shown in Bold print are not restore points!

WRS 09:20 13 Oct 07

Yes I only used bold print dates. Have searched for all other references to firefox and deleted them. Have just tried download button again and received same message as in my first posting.
For info my ISP is Orange, OS is XP. PC recently upgraded with new motherboard, new Pentium 4 CPU,new 1GB RAM.

Technotiger 09:27 13 Oct 07

You have nothing to lose by trying this next 'guess' - go to the entry in Control Panel as above, then Delete the Firefox entry under Extensions. Then re-start your computer. Then go through my suggestion again as above to re-insert the entry.

As I said, only a guess, but it is what I would try if I had the same problem.

Technotiger 09:29 13 Oct 07

If that still does not work - suspect 'Bear Share' - run every anti-everthing you have in your armoury!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009