Download more than 2 files at a time

kinger 16:14 21 Feb 04

I was downloading some files one day and was pretty frustrated that I couldn't download more than two files at a time. This limitation was put in place because of the slow connections that people had and trying to download too many items at once would reduce Internet traffic to a stand still.

There is a way, though, to increase this limit to 10.

Since Broadband has come into play there are now no bandwidth problems so it is quite safe for you to do as many downloads as you please ... all at the same time, up to ten.

One warning though, do BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY before you attempt this as you could render your PC useless if you mess up.

I have done it on my PC and it works perfectly. It has also been featured on Microsoft's own web site.

To increase the number of simultaneous connections that are allowed to 10, follow these steps:

Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry values:

"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=Dword:0000000a
"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=Dword:0000000a

Quit Registry Editor.

There we are, that's all there is to it. Reboot your computer for the new settings to take effect.

Kinger!

powerless 16:21 21 Feb 04

I've never had this problem i've been downloading multiple files ever since i've started using a computer.

click here

kinger 16:22 21 Feb 04
  kinger 16:25 21 Feb 04

You got there before me Powerless.

Anyway, I belong to the record pool click here and this site, along with many others, only allow you to use the browsers downloading system.

This prevents you from downloading more than two files at once.

The above solution allows for TEN at once. Which is wonderful and saves time.

Hope this helps.

imzy 18:39 23 Mar 04

I am trying to use the above method to increase my number of downloads but I am having some trouble. I can get to the correct registry key ,"internet settings", but there doesn't seem to be an "add value" option on the edit button. There is "string value" and "binary value" but no add value.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tj_El 15:44 24 Mar 04

Wonderful! I have been wondering how to do this also and right here on teh PCA Forum Again I find the answer! Cheers kinger!

Tj_El

bloo meeny 17:33 24 Mar 04

Ok, so ten may well be enough for some - but for those having trouble in the registry, this is MUCH easier ! Just download and double-click and you're done.

click here

Should allow up to FIFTY (50) simultaneous downloads - I got bored after 37 !!!

kinger 17:45 13 May 04

More than 10 and the system slows down too much.

Stuartli 18:06 13 May 04

I've already posted the method of doing this, including what to do if the registry lines are missing, on threads about Onspeed.

It works for dialup as well as BB but, unfortunately, the Search facility seems to be absolutely useless at present...:-)

A backup isn't strictly necessary before doing it, more a precaution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…