download mobile ring tones ??

Magik ®© 11:39 30 Dec 04

hi,this is for the 3 grandkids, all these ring tones they can download, and cost a fortune. in this day and age, is there not some box of tricks one can get, so that you can do it yourself? then they can put real music as ring tones or what ever else they have to have.

goonerbill © ® 11:54 30 Dec 04

what you will need is a data cable compatable with the make of mobile phone they have and software to connect to a pc. then get software that can convert music into a format that is compatable with the mobile phone which is not as easy as it may sound. there are cd's out there that have the necessary files on them, can find them at ebay and cables with software.

post back what phones (make & model )your grandchildren and i or someone else will be of more help.

AndySD 11:56 30 Dec 04

I tend to delete the files in my Temp Internet folder then on the ringtone websites Listen to the ringtones. These are then saved in the Temp Internet folder. I then copy the ringtones into a folder on my Desktop and transfer the ones I want to my phone via a bluetooth dongle.

Magik ®© 12:12 30 Dec 04

thank you both for that, I will get in touch with the 3 of them tonite and report back.

thanks again

Irishman 12:16 30 Dec 04

There are as goonerbill © ® has said plenty of CD's packed full of ringtones and pictures for sale on Ebay but these include adult themes as well so be careful if buying one of these.

goonerbill © ® 13:57 01 Jan 05

thanks Irishman, forgot about those type of files. you can just get music file cd's but would double check before letting grand kids have them.

Taff36 11:47 02 Jan 05

Try this site. Worth making a donation for the cause but lots of free stuff. click here

You still have to transfer the tones to the individual phones but when we know which makes the experts will jump in.

Incidentally, again the warning. Some of these pages are Adult Themes - particularly on the logos etc. Supervision required I think!

Magik ®© 13:30 02 Jan 05

got a couple of them coming over this afternoon, on the subject of adult themes, some of the tracks they ask me to download, groups i have never heard of, they all seem to do more than one version, and the title says it all,f-this and f-that, was not like it in my day....

Charence 14:31 02 Jan 05

Does your computer have an Infra Red port? Does the phone have one? Do you/grandkids have a Data Cable? Or do you have some webspace? Do their phones have WAP?

If you both have Infra Red port, you can connect PC with Mobile and send a ringtone. Same for Data Cable. If you don't have either of above, but have webspace then you can upload the ringtones to your webspace and then use the WAP function on their phones to download the ringtones via the internet. It'll cost you 10p/KB (vodafone) by using this method but is considerably cheaper than buying one at £5.

If their phones can play Polyphonic ringtones, then there isn't much problem with compatability because all files are in the MIDI format. But the number of tracks of the MIDI file must not exceed the number of tracks that the phone supports. (tracks equiv. no. of instruments/melodies)

If their phones can play Real Tone (.amr format) there are converters which will convert certain .wave files into .amr files. Just google for it. If you can't find a convert E-mail me and I'll send you one.

click here has some free MIDIs but I'm not sure if it has many new music.

Thanks for the link Taff36

Taff36 17:01 02 Jan 05

No Problem. There are the Top 20 Poly tones available on that site - Magik take note!! No "f" words at all so pretty safe for the grandkids

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…