Download Managers

suburban train 00:28 20 Jan 03
  suburban train 00:28 20 Jan 03

does anyone know any good easy to use download managers.

Im using a dial up connectiion (freeserve anytime) and the file is gona take 3hrs to download, after 2hrs freeserve cuts be me and i have to dial up again,

i have redialled if linedropped enabled so this sort oh helps

Stokey 00:37 20 Jan 03

I think you will find most of us are in agreement in that these download managers do not generally make much difference to the actual speed BUT (as with DAP) the resume facility is ver useful.

powerless 00:38 20 Jan 03
  powerless 00:39 20 Jan 03

DL managers i think people really use them the "Resume" bit...

Cordy13 00:42 20 Jan 03

I think 'Freshdownload' is free 'Flashget' is not but is very good. They may speed up your download by splitting it and downloading from 4 or more sites simultaneously but the big advantage is resuming broken downloads at the poit where you 'timed-out'.

suburban train 00:59 20 Jan 03

thanks for ypur replies i curently using download accelerator plus do you think its any good?

Stokey 01:10 20 Jan 03

That's what I use. I think it's the best but there are many different views of course. Splitting D/L from four or five different sites is something that DAP does, as you will know, but there is no great benefit in that as it all has to travel down the same sized "pipe" to arrive with you and that is the major restriction on D/L speeds.

anchor 10:09 20 Jan 03

I personally like, and use, Download Express. Free and no spyware.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…