Download Manager or not

Enoch 12:13 27 Nov 05

I need advice. I am using XP home and I am on Broadband. Would the downloading of a "Download Manager" speed up my downloads or should it only be used for dial-up. None of the download managers I have seen (on-line) make comment on this question

ACOLYTE 12:16 27 Nov 05

It doesnt matter what conn you have you can use them with any,they are handy things to have and can speed up the download by downloading from more than 1 place at a time and continuing if you need to pause,what they wont do is increase the download speed that is set by your conn.I use this click here

HTH

Enoch 12:26 27 Nov 05

Thanks ACOLYTE

Other than the one that you recommend, are then any others that come with any Forum users recommendations.

If not, I will use your choice

Carbonara 12:37 27 Nov 05

Leechget gets my vote as well!

Enoch 14:37 27 Nov 05

ACOLYTE & Carbonara,

Thanks guys, I will be installing "Leechget" shortly

Stuartli 14:58 27 Nov 05

I've used FreshDownload (completely free of ads etc) from click here for several years with dialup and now BB.

It will handle up to eight streams and, more importantly, will Resume a download if there are any problems if the website supports the feature.

anchor 15:01 27 Nov 05

My favourite is Download Express; used it for years.

click here

Graham ® 15:09 27 Nov 05

I once had to download a program from China for a UPS made there. I had to use a download manager (can't remember which one) because the link kept breaking. It took 7 hours on broadband, but it worked when completed.

Enoch 15:26 27 Nov 05

Thanks again guys, I now have the options and will shortly choose

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…