Download hardware/software for HP Laptop

hobarth 13:40 28 Sep 10

I have a HP Pavillion Laptop.
I am trying to install an external CD Burner. The computer will not down load without the software. I do not have the software and the drive does not have any markings as to its manufacturer.
How do I download without knowing the software

onthelimit 15:10 28 Sep 10

Most external CD devices are plug and play through a USB port. What connection does yours use?

MAT ALAN 15:24 28 Sep 10

The question is a tad confusing, "The computer will not down load without the software"
not sure what you mean by this, As onthelimit says optical drives are plug n play and use the generic drivers of your chosen O/S.

If i read it correctly you need a third party prog like Nero to use your drive...

click here

the link may help...

hobarth 17:26 28 Sep 10

When I plug in the device through the USB The hardware wizard says it cannot find anything to laod the device with. It asks for a disc which I do not have

MAT ALAN 17:47 28 Sep 10

click here
try the options from the link.

do you have ANY burning software like "roxio" or "nero" or the likes.

hobarth 13:41 08 Oct 10

I am using XP burner and have been burning through Real Player (But never liked it)
Every time I plug the device in the computer tries to find it but cannot and asks for an installation disk, which I do not have.

Is this post linked with this one: click here

If it is, how did you find out that it is a Philips machine?

lotvic 00:15 10 Oct 10

Are you running W98se?
I have responded on your other thread in Helproom.

hobarth 12:35 12 Oct 10

Could this problem be that my plug and play facility is having a problem.
I have tried everything that everyone has so kindly put up to help me and nothing seems to work

MAT ALAN 15:02 12 Oct 10

click here

click here

follow threads they might help...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…