Download File

It's Me 12:28 01 Oct 04

Thsi hs just started, and wasn't there earlier this morning.

When I arrive at the site I get an invitation to download a file. Called blank.cgi - - Server 127.0.0.1 - - Type Application/octet-stream

When I log in it appears again. I've tried closing down my browser a couple of times and logging in again and always the same happens.

I accepted the offer and downloaded to a 'save' only to find that there was 0 bytes in the file.

Anyone know what is going on, and how to get rid of it please.

Graham ® 12:45 01 Oct 04

Anything that arrives unexpectedly should be regarded as suspicious. I would do a virus scan and adware scans.

It's Me 12:53 01 Oct 04

I have scanned with AD-Aware and Spybot - nothing shows. Norton shows nothing.

I remember that between it not being there and being there, I downloaded and installed the update for ZoneAlarm, but why would that just affect this site.

I find that when the offer appears, and it does so on every change of page now, I have to let the page fully load before I press cancel, otherwise the page does not fully load up. (I also have to press 'Cancel'twice before it does.)

VoG II 13:14 01 Oct 04

Server 127.0.0.1 is your PC!

Graham ® 13:55 01 Oct 04

I think you are going to have to uninstall Zone Alarm to prove the link. You can easily download and instal it again.

It's Me 14:00 01 Oct 04

Oh Right! There's a thing.

But what the blue Blistering Heck do I do about it please, as I am very nearly at the mallet stage.
Do I do what it says and install 'nothing' and it will go away, or will doing that cause a self destruct button effect.

I don't really trust these new fangled things, give me a Sturmy Archer gear to play with any day, at least that way I know the only thing to worry about are the flying springs that disappear off the face of the earth.

Sorry, meandering again.

It's Me 15:04 01 Oct 04

I uninstalled this new ZoneAlarm update. This got rid of the problem. To check, I reinstalled this new upgrade, but the close down demanded bt the programme was a very long winded affair, 10 minutes at least - worrying. However the problem was still there. So again uninstalled and then installed the older version, which appears to work perfectly. (In case you are wondering why I don't use System Restore, it is because all my programmes are on another drive and SR doesn't effect those, only 'C' drive.)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…