download failures

alibob1526 20:40 11 Oct 09

I have tried to download ccleaner a number of times but get a thing saying (ccsetup 224.exe) then c:\documents and settings\owner\my documents\downloads\cc setup 224.exe is not a valid win 32 aplication. thie sort of problem is happening with other dowloads too. I use windows xp professional version 2002 sevice pack 3 dell dimension 2400 32 bit version. memory available 1,301,504 kb. senior novice. also unable to print anything now.help appreciated,thanks.

Terry Brown 21:09 11 Oct 09

Do you have an XP CD?

If so, put it in the drive and from RUN type in SFC /scannow
Do not forget the space between / and scannow.

This will check your operating system, and replace any files that are in error.

There are various uninstall programs ( this is an example) click here , that will remove cccleaner (enabling a clean install)if you want, howver I have not tried this program, and cannot say if it is any good or not.
Terry

ol blueeyes 23:34 11 Oct 09

ccleaner is an excellent piece of software. Most people seem to use it regularly

wee eddie 12:43 12 Oct 09

After uninstalling any of CCleaner that is mentioned in Control Panel > Add & Remove Programs.

That you also clear the IE Properties > Browsing Properties > Internet Temporary Files, actually a complete clear there would be better (remember that you will need to re-enter all your Internet Passwords) and, while you're at it "Do a Defrag, just to tidy things up.

Then go back to CCleaner and try an Install.

lotvic 17:59 14 Oct 09

alibob says thanks click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…