download of e-mails into outlook

amonde 08:54 07 Jun 03

I have an own domain name and use different em-mail addresses, mails are stored on the server and can usually accessed by interenet and outlook (even if they had been accessed already by www). Currently I cannot download messages into my outlook - passwords etc. checked. Strange is that some mails come through.
This happened already recently, was OK for a while and now the problem is back.
Any help - Much appreciated!!
Peter

Willow12 11:16 07 Jun 03

Have you by any chance got the XP firewall activated as well as a separate one? ie Norton or Zone Alarm.

I, until yesterday had the same problem and it was the duel firewalls preventing any messages going through as you should never have two activated at once. If this is the case then switch off the XP firewall as this may solve your problem.

If the problem is with a hotmail account then MSN may be treating legit messages as spam. In which case go into your inbox through their website, look at any messages under junk mail and see if any of your missing ones are there. If so then double click on them to open and then click the box saying 'this is not junk mail'. That email address will then be added to your 'safe list' allowing it to come through in future.

Hope one or both of these suggestions helps.

vinnielo 15:51 07 Jun 03

Have you got any message rules set up, e.g. leaving files on server if file size is greater than 5K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…