download to cd problem-help

timothy44 10:16 05 Jan 03
  timothy44 10:16 05 Jan 03

Please could someone take the time to explain to me about downloading stuff to cd. I have windows xp, roxio easy cd creator5 basic. I can copy misic cd no problem with windows media player but am having problems with photos data etc.
Do i have to format all data cd,s before i can use them?
I try to do it first in easy cd creator but it keeps starting to do it and then saying error.
Do I just put a blank cd in and it will automatically default to the formatting tool on cd creator?
Why do they not need formatting when copying music cd's?
I know I haven't been very concise with my questions but I am totally confused. Would appreciate some help before I totally ruin all my new blank cd's. Thank you.

Forum Editor 10:35 05 Jan 03

you don't need to use a third Party CD copier - there's one built into the operating system.

This will kick in when you place a blank CD in the drive. Just drag your data files into the CD window, and they'll be displayed as 'files ready to be copied to CD'. When you've finished, click on the link to write the files to the CD. WinXP will do the rest.

As FE says but also the only CD's that need "Formatting" are the rewritable one's that can be used several times. If you buy your CD's in bulf online where you can get them for about 12 each, it seems pointless to use these anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…