Download and burn win7 ISO disk

bumpkin 16:27 25 Sep 13
Answered

Hi All, I would like to download and burn a Win7 iso disk. I have tried a few times but something is wrong . I start the download and it says it has downloaded X17-58996.iso. 2.4Gb. When I try to burn it to disk it says invalid which does not surprise me as it only takes a few sconds to apparently download. I would expect it to take several minutes. can anyone help please.

northumbria61 16:39 25 Sep 13

Download from here - just be sure to select the correct version you want enter link description here

bumpkin 16:59 25 Sep 13

Thanks northumbria, that is one of the links I have tried. Says it has downloaded after about 2 seconds which it cant have done.

My post is more about not being able to download properly rather than actually needing it. I should have written a clearer heading.

Batch 18:18 25 Sep 13
Answer

Suggest you try installing a download manager such as Internet Download Manager (that one gives a 30 day trial, but I'm sure you could find others that are free).

I had trouble downloading the full ISO from the digital river site until I used IDM.

bumpkin 18:30 25 Sep 13

Thanks Batch, I thought w7 had a download manager, can anyone explain please I did not think that I had to instal additional software to do a download.

Procrastinus 08:22 26 Sep 13

You will need these too! MD5Sum + SHA1

woodchip 08:47 26 Sep 13

Check to see if it's downloaded a small file that you double click on to start the correct download. As some work like that

Batch 13:41 27 Sep 13

From the description here the Windows facility doesn't sound very sophisticated.

bumpkin 16:15 27 Sep 13

Thanks all, I thought I had green ticked this yesterday. For info, PC was trying to use a freebie download manager which had set itself as the default, got rid of it now fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…