Download Accelerator Software-Pros & Cons Help Pls

Big L 266 10:13 16 Oct 08

Hello.I've been toying with the idea of downloading some accelerator software and wonder what the pros and cons are of doing so please. My main interest lies with music downloads from eMusic, HMV and Walmart etc where downloading some music tracks seem to take what feels like a long time.I notice some classical downloads take a while probably due to the long nature of such recordings.

I would be very interested to hear your views - good,bad or indifferent, - as to whether or not accelerator software (free or to purchase online)has any real benefits on a computer. I am trying to make a judgement call on this and your views are very important in that process.My internet provider is Tiscali and my internet speed here in Spalding is 5.4 to 6.7mbps due to the fact I live 100 yards from the telephone exhange.

Thank you very much indeed for your kindness and hope to hear from you soon.I appreciate and welcome all views.

brundle 11:11 16 Oct 08

The files you mention are already compressed and your speeds are more than most people on ADSL get. I doubt you would notice an improvement. You ought to be getting download speeds of around 500-600kbps in perfect conditions but that won't hold true for every download, from every site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…