Download Accelerator Plus - SPYWARE???????????????

JayDay 14:40 25 May 04

I have been using Download Accelerator Plus for some time (I like the resume facility). I use adaware and it never detects DAP as a problem. I am now using Spybot S&D as well and this identifies DAP as a problem. Is it?

If it is full of spyware can you suggest a similar product that isn't and that has a resume facility?

BeForU 14:54 25 May 04

I've been hearing that Download Accelerator Plus does include some spyware. As an alternative program, you could always use Getright since that never has any spyware (that I know of). Although I havent used Getright in 3 years now due to having a Broadband connection, it may have changed but give it a go as I find that program to be much better. It seems to be better at resuming as well since sometimes with DAP, it loses the connection and sometimes may have to start all over again.

TomJerry 14:55 25 May 04

I do not know DAP, but I use fresh download which is good and free click here

GaT7 15:03 25 May 04

I would go with Fresh Download, as TomJerry suggests, or LeechGet 2004 click here. GetRight is excellent too but not freeware.

Gaz 25 16:12 25 May 04

DAP does have spyware adverts included.

hugh-265156 16:52 25 May 04

this is another good one click here

the free version worked well for me when i had dial up.contains no spyware.

Indigo 1 17:18 25 May 04

Fresh Download is easily as good as DAP if not better.

I have used them both but prefer Fresh D/load to DAP now.

JayDay 18:05 25 May 04

I am now using FreshDownload. Excellent program and free. Thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…