downgrading vista

jamessh 18:05 30 Jun 08

I have a dell vostro 1500, 2gb ram,t7300 core2duo,160hdd. I have vista business running on it but would like to downgrade to xp. I have a copy of xp already so im set to go. Obviously i will have to backup all of my data/music but do i need to back up all of my program files? I have the program setup file for each program on my computer so basically im just needing a guide of how to donwgrade my laptop.
Any help would be appreciated.

pk46 18:23 30 Jun 08

Not as easy as you may think have you got drivers for the MOBO?? as it came with Vista then you might find it hard to find XP drivers as in my case,you will also loose any pre-installed software.

jamessh 18:53 30 Jun 08

i have the discs it came with and they have all the drivers on but would they be for vista and not xp?I dont mind loosing the pre installed stuff as i i have my own ms office and other software.Surely once i get xp installed i can go to device manager and see what drivers need updating.Am i correct or just dreaming????

Quiller. 20:35 30 Jun 08

Download and burn to disk all of these drivers.click here

ambra4 01:07 01 Jul 08

Not as easy as you think why not, do a dual boot system Vista & XP would save you a lot of

headache and stress, take a read on this site

click here

ambra4 01:40 01 Jul 08

If you do not want to install a dual boot system use the Service Tag No on the bottom of the

Machine, go to dell support site click on drivers and download

Enter the service tag # and the OS that you want to install this will bring up the correct drivers for

your dell Vostro 1500 model only, you can than download and cut a cd

Just to make sure that you are downloading the correct drivers go into device manager and make a

note on the type and brand of hardware installed before you even thing about downgrading to XP

As you noted on (quiller) dell link there are 10 Communication drivers, 9 CD/DVD drivers, 2 audio

drivers, 2 chipset drivers, 4 Input Device Drivers etc, you must use the correct driver for your

model Vostro 1500 other wise you will have major problems getting the machine to work

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…