down loading games onto disk

compost 13:34 28 Jan 03

help
I tried to down load a game onto a disk I think I copied it but it went into a zip file any help would be greatful ps I have windows xp

Old PC man 13:46 28 Jan 03

Did the file actually download?

What disc did you save it to, HDD, Zip Drive, Floppy??

Do you know where the file is?

If you can find the file you should be able to unzip it by double clicking and choosing extract all files form the folder tasks bar at the left of the pane that opens.

XP has a zip utility as standard.

John.

compost 15:17 28 Jan 03

they are in files on cd as zipped files

Cordy13 15:20 28 Jan 03

Why don't you unzip them to your HDD and re-burn to CD?

hgrock 15:34 28 Jan 03

what do you mean by, "they went into a zip file"? have you got a zip file and they went there, or are the files you downloaded end with .zip, if the latter is true then the need to be unzipped, create a folder for each zipped file and unzip into its folder,if not it might unzip into the root of c: then burn unto CD

compost 19:00 29 Jan 03

Thanks every one but I am still learning to use a pc I have just started a It course so how do I unzip them to my HDD and re-burn to cd

tran1 19:16 29 Jan 03

If you have windows XP, then you simply right-click or double click to unzip. The best way is to use a third-party program. The most popular one is Winzip. You can get a free Evaluation version from click here .

Using this program, you can compress and file into a .zip file. Benefits of this is that files become much smaller. And of course, you can unZip as well.

Wes Tam ;-) 19:17 29 Jan 03

Excuse me not answering your last question, but for future reference I would advise that next time you download the zip file to your desktop first and then you can unzip to your disc.

compost 19:48 03 Feb 03

thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…