doubtful query

Baslla321 13:29 18 Sep 04

Not sure if this is allowed but it has been troubling me for the last few days. After putting Power Off cos I was away for two weeks, my VCR Panasonic FJ-610 cant give me the Menu on the TV display to enable me to manually insert the date & time.I just get two letters 'EC' under the letters VCR. Does anyone know what they mean? I have tried & tried & tried but no joy.I emailed the firm but has no reply yet.

rawprawn 13:43 18 Sep 04

click here I'm not sure but I think EC stands for Electronic Classroom, it looks as though you may have somehow altered the programming. Why don't you reinstall it completely. Bear in mind I DO NOT know, it's just a guess.

User-312386 13:46 18 Sep 04

are you running a scart lead or going through the aerial?

have a look on the back of the VCR for the model number and then click here

The Spires 13:48 18 Sep 04

I think it's 'Enter Code. On some units you need to enter a code when it's been powered off for a while to prrevent the wicked ones pinching it and flogging it on the car boot. You should have a code that came with the unit to enter.

User-312386 13:51 18 Sep 04

Baslla321 is talking about a VCR and it is not computer related

We will try to help though Baslla321

rawprawn 13:55 18 Sep 04

I realise that, but if you look you will see that it shows you "Using the VCR for onscreen projection". But as I said I don't know so I wlli leave it to you guys.

Baslla321 13:59 18 Sep 04

Yes I have a SCART lead. All works well, that is playback, but I just cant get the MENU. When I press this Menu button it gives me these two EC letters and not the display with the menu.I need the menu to insert the date & time. I have given Panasonic EU the model number etc and hope to get a reply. As all works well except this, I was afraid to reprogramn it as I am a newbie in this field and might mess the whole thing up.Thanks for your prompt advice. Rgds

Baslla321 14:05 18 Sep 04

That would make sense but as the VCR accepts and does playback, then its not the code.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…