The DoubleU has fell off my LAPTOP keyboard

BIGBAGGY 20:11 16 Jun 05

The DoubleU has fell off the LAPTOP keyboard and I cant seem to get it back on. I press the space it left but nothing happens. Anything I can do? My daughter says there is a keyboard that comes up on the screen is this right or is there something else I can do. I still have the key and the bits. LOL all that and I never used that letter ;-)

johnnyrocker 20:14 16 Jun 05

if xp you will find the keyboard under start/programs/accessories and either system tools or accessability

johnny.

dan11 20:16 16 Jun 05

Oh, I thought that was funny.:-))

Onscreen keyboard click here

or try a usb keyboard?

jack 20:27 16 Jun 05

The On Screen Keyboard is a fddly thing to use for protactracted periods.

Depending on whether your machine can cope with a PS2 keyboard - most lappies have one connector on the back that will take a mouse or keyboard or as suggested a USB one- If the machine travels then you can obtain a flexible folding keyboard.
A regular PS2 keyboard need cost no more than a fiver at a computer fair better ones 15-20 at the likes of PCW- the Folding ones can be found at either source.

jack 20:32 16 Jun 05

Here is another thought

The Working part of the Keyboard is a moulded rubber sheet with embedded contacts laid over the circuit board.
All a key does is to press the top sheet to the bottom sheet.

Try fixing the key back on with blue tack or double sided tape, perhaps padded out with a small square of card

DieSse 21:34 16 Jun 05

Hold down Alt and type 0119 on the numeric pad for a w

Hold down Alt and type 0087 on the numeric pad for a W

phono 21:43 16 Jun 05

There's a man knows his 'Rs' from his ASCII.

BIGBAGGY 21:48 16 Jun 05

Thanks all great help. wwwwwwwwwwwooopeee.....for the on sceen keyboard ;-) W ;-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…