Doubleclick warning.

thumbscrew 00:16 02 Dec 07

Recently, when waiting for a page to load I've been getting the following warning...."Doubleclick.net is loading segments to your computer". I then get options to block or allow. I've always blocked it so far, although sometimes the box reappears. Can anyone advise please?

crosstrainer 00:30 02 Dec 07

Is an adbot...fairly harmless so you are right to block it.

thumbscrew 00:38 02 Dec 07

Crosstrainer, hello pal and thanks for the prompt reply. If it's harmless would it be equally ok to allow it, and thus it will stop appearing?

crosstrainer 00:50 02 Dec 07

Is to download and install:

click here

and run it once every couple of days.

thumbscrew 01:01 02 Dec 07

Thanks again crosstrainer, I've got it. Cheers mate.

birdface 10:08 02 Dec 07

I would have thought SpywareBlaster,Would have stopped it.Why pay when there are freebies out there that do the same job.

johnnyrocker 10:14 02 Dec 07

the warning is issued by what program?

johnny

thumbscrew 10:50 02 Dec 07

I've got the free Ad-Aware and Spywareblaster and still get the warning, Didn't notice from whence it came just read the on-screen and clicked "Block".

thumbscrew 10:59 02 Dec 07

JUst had the warning again...all I did was click to open Firefox. It just said "Web security warning, Double click is trying etc".

birdface 11:18 02 Dec 07

Hi,open SpywareBlaster again,And check that it has 8811 items and there are no items disabled.

sinbads 11:28 02 Dec 07

block the cookie in the privacy options in IE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…