doubleclick

highside 08:35 19 Nov 08

Anyone help please.
My spyware used to find 'doubleclick.com' I blocked the site in IE advanced settings and didnt see double click for a long time from security checks but it has just reappeared despite being blocked.
When I say reappeared I just mean that spybot has found it again.
Has anyone used a removal tool for it?
Thanks for looking.

MAJ 09:02 19 Nov 08

'doubleclick.com' usually appears when there are adverts on a webpage. It's probably a tracking cookie that you've picked up, you'll normally get quite a few tracking cookies if you surf the web a lot. Just delete it/them, they're quite harmless in themselves. If you think it's something more suspicious than a tracking cookie, post the place where Spybot says they are located on your drive.

highside 13:00 19 Nov 08

Thanks for replying, yes it is a tracking cookie but why isnt it blocked by
Internet Options - Advanced - Privacy - sites - 'always block'

TonyV 19:12 19 Nov 08

Just as a matter of interest, I have doubleclick.net blocked and I don't get that one coming back again. Is your address right with doubleclick.com?

Cheers

TonyV

highside 20:20 19 Nov 08

Thanks for that, have set it to block .net as well. Have to run a scan again.

highside 16:36 26 Nov 08

OK with .net extension thanks to all.

woodchip 17:08 26 Nov 08

Posts cookies on your computer, you need to download and install Hosts File. click here

sunnystaines 18:20 26 Nov 08

if you use ie7 instal free ie7pro to keep ads away

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…