Double later discs

geedad 20:11 08 Oct 09

Do they ( Double-Layer DVD+R )need to be turned over when one side is full?
geeded

rdave13 20:15 08 Oct 09

No, it's still a single sided media but with two layers; click here

MAT ALAN 20:18 08 Oct 09

A dual-layer disc has two layers of data, one of them is semi-transparent so that the laser can focus through it and read the second layer.Both layers are read from the same side...

geedad 20:25 08 Oct 09

Glad you all understood my typing error!
And thank!
geedad

Stuartli 20:28 08 Oct 09

There have (may still be) double-sided pre-recorded DVDs, which is what geedad may have been thinking about when posting the query.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:15 08 Oct 09

I have over a hundred Tom and Jerry cartoons on double sided DVDs

To play dual layer you need a dual layer machine, most stand alone DVD players are single layer only.

OTT_Buzzard 23:17 08 Oct 09

To play dual layer you need a dual layer machine, most stand alone DVD players are single layer only.

What?!?!?

Stuartli 00:33 09 Oct 09

I'm with OTT_Buzzard on this one..:-)

OTT_Buzzard 01:26 09 Oct 09

Think Fruit Bat /\0/ had a 'moment' !

Stuartli 09:38 09 Oct 09

We've all posted advice in these forums at some time or other that's not quite as we believed - I'm probably more guilty than most...:-(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ has come to the rescue of many a forum member for as long as I can recall and been spot on every time.

OTT_Buzzard 11:37 09 Oct 09

"Fruit Bat /\0/\ has come to the rescue of many a forum member for as long as I can recall and been spot on every time."

Indeed. I think i might take a screenshot of this page. It might be worth some money in future years....the day Fruit Bat /\0/ made a mistake!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos