double download

karmgord 20:43 20 Aug 09

when i check my email on Zen's server there are only one copy of each email yet when i later down load then to my computer via outlook express each copy is doubled so there are two copies of each email.
any ideas?

brundle 14:29 21 Aug 09

Go to Tools/Options, of the two options "Send/Receive at startup" and "When starting, go directly to my inbox" make sure only one or other is ticked. If both are ticked you see the behaviour you're describing.

Sea Urchin 16:10 21 Aug 09

The two options you describe refer to completely different things. "Go directly to my Inbox" does just that - it opens at the Inbox and does not download mail. Send/Receive at Startup will download any messages waiting on the server when OE is opened. So it is perfectly possible to have them both checked.

karmgord: You could try going to Tools - Accounts - Properties - Advanced tab and make sure "Leave a Copy of Messages on Server" is not ticked.

Another cause of this problem can be a corrupted message in your server's Inbox - is there maybe a message that doesn't ever download? Try deleting from the server's inbox.

brundle 17:13 21 Aug 09

Sea Urchin
It worked for me on a system last week and similar advice can be found elsewhere, if it doesn't work for karmgord then I'm sure he will try other suggestions...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now