Double Disc Drives

solly 23:52 08 Dec 04

Double CD Drives. I have a DVD Drive which is faulty mechanically but will Play Discs (Drive D). The other Drive (E) will do everything, Burn,Play Record but no music comes out. My query is:-
Should both drives be on a separate IDE with separate Audio connection to the sound card ? or
if on the same IDE do they need separate Audio leads or not. I notice in the File Types Window
I have four entries although there are only two drives and only the one that will play music has
a little Disc icon , any help please before I open the computer - hassle. I wish to replace the faulty
drive--Solly

Jeffers22 23:59 08 Dec 04

Both need an audio connection to the sound card or to a header on the mobo - regardless of whidh IDE connector they are on. I would suggest putting both on the same IDE channel - you may need to experiment with which is master and which is slave as some drives do not like being slave. Keep the other IDE channel for hard drives to maximise the hard drive transfer speed.

Rtus 00:09 09 Dec 04

set the E drive to enable digital audio . No need for cable to sound card..Enable in the drives properties.. depending on which O/S your using for correct method..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…