Double click/single click

remind 12:56 07 Apr 06

Not exactly a problem, but is there a way of disabling the `rename after one mouse click` behaviour in Windows? For example, if you click once on a desktop icon when you actually meant to click twice, the name becomes editable, not a problem in itself but it can be a pain when you're moving lots of files around. Perhaps I just have windows double click time set up wrong, but a way of disabling the `feature` would be nice, so editing only works when you press F2. I have tweakUI, the promising-looking `detect accidental double clicks` feature is intended for Web-view windows though

Stuartli 13:03 07 Apr 06

Speed up the double click reaction time from the mouse's Properties.

You can test different speeds and find the one that works for you.

Normally the Rename feature is reached from a right click.

remind 13:09 07 Apr 06

Thanks Stuartli, a bit of experimentation has apparently solved it, I've been setting that incorrectly for ages then.

ade.h 15:53 07 Apr 06

For that to happen, the icon must be selected first, ie. two slow clicks, one to select and one to make it editable. I use it whenever renaming files as it's a bit quicker than bringing up the context menu.

If it is/was happening without the icon being selected, then something's not quite right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…