Double Checking PC Components - Compatability etc

graceofair 02:23 28 Aug 07

Hello. I'm in the process of building a PC and was wondering if someone could take a look at the components to ensure that they are all compatible:

Mobo: Asus P5B (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard click here

CPU: INTEL Core 2 Duo E6400 click here

RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) click here

GCard: XFX GeForce 8600GT 512Mb PCI-E graphics card click here

HDrive: Hard Drive: 250GB Samsung Spinpoint SATA2 8MB click here

Case: Antec 900 click here

I also dont know what PSU I should buy to support the grapics card, I can't find anything saying how much watts it needs or how many amps on the 12volt rail (do I also need to look at my MOBO to determine compatability in regard to the 12volt rail?)

Thanks in advance for any comments

graceofair 02:27 28 Aug 07

How about this for the PSU: Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 click here ?

graceofair 02:33 28 Aug 07

One more thing :) ...Will buying a better hardrive increase my comps performance on games etc (i.e. increased buffer size and capacity)?

C3 02:59 28 Aug 07

2 SATA Drives running in RAID 0 will.

If you can afford it, go for a GF 8800 rather than the 8600. There is quite a big difference in performance apparently.

Totally-braindead 17:53 28 Aug 07

Go for a 16mb cache drive if you can its just a tad quicker and I think its the same price or nearly.

graceofair 19:55 28 Aug 07

Ok thanks

Totally-braindead 19:02 29 Aug 07

Don't concern yourself with the amps on the rails. It is important but as long as you purchase a decent branded power supply there won't be a problem.
The one you gave a link to looks very nice but is out of my price range I would be looking at something a bit cheaper but still good like this click here Theres nothing wrong with the one you link to by the way its just its a bit pricey.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…