double capacity ink cartridges will not work

Grandadal 23:03 09 Dec 08

I have purchased double capacity ink cartridges for a HP PSC950 all-in-one printer, but it will not recognise them. Is there a way to bypass or fool the electronics.Can anyone help?

DieSse 00:04 10 Dec 08

I suggest you return then with a complaint.

MCE2K5 00:31 10 Dec 08
  FatboySlim71 23:26 13 Dec 08

The problem you are having is the reason why I only use original HP inks, I have used these trouble free for over 2 years. I always find this place is the cheapest place for original HP inks.

click here

martd77 10:28 14 Dec 08

I purchase mine for the hp 4280 from here had no problems
click here

FatboySlim71 22:48 14 Dec 08

I have heard from friends of mine that using compatible inks in HP printers means that you are unable to use the ink monitor to find out the remaining ink. martd77 are you able to check ink levels on yours?

The thing you have got to remember with HP compatibles is that most if not all HP ink cartridges have a printhead built into the cartridge, now if these cartridges have been used before, recycled, cleaned and then re-filled, who knows how many times they have done this, the heads could be worn as they will be only really designed to last the life of the cartridge until it is empty. Basically HP ink cartridges are designed so that everytime you replace the cartridge you are also replacing the printhead.

martd77 11:46 15 Dec 08

correct you cant check the ink monitor but thats false anyway my original colour hp 351xl that i have in has popped up numerous times saying low ink level for the last month its still printing full colour a4 now,its not an accurate tool,i change my cartridges when they run out not when the utility advises me to.
I repeat ive had hp for near 7yrs and used a mix of compatibles and originals,with few problems from only one supplier,and they have stopped doing them now anyway.

FatboySlim71 20:28 15 Dec 08

So how does the quality and performance from the compatibles you purchase from,
click here compare with the original HP inks you have used?

Have you any complaints with the compatibles you get from ink2u?

I must admit they do look tempting the double the ink ones from ink2u, I might even get a black and a colour to try them and if I find them has good as the original HP inks I might buy more.

martd77 12:57 16 Dec 08

have had no problems at all

Redf0rd 14:13 23 Apr 10

another thing to try is to purchase ink cartridges through your work. businesses usually get better discounts than us mere mortals because of their bulk purchases. now this method hinges on couple things: whether or not your boss is going to allow you to do so is the first and highest hurdle and the next obvious one is if you've got the same kind of printer as your office/will the business still get the same discount if you order an produc unrelated to the one they've been buying for the past however-long...anyhow, i work in a small office and am lucky enough to have a chilled boss who's allowed me to tag my ink cartridge needs onto the work order. we buy from caboodle, click here who have pretty good deals whether you're buying bulk or not...

ame 14:22 23 Apr 10

Why add to a 16 month old post???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac