dot tk popup

Ben Avery 15:47 29 Sep 03

G'day

I've registered a free domain with .tk click here and they have one popup hich I'm guesiin gis there way of promoting themselves. Is there anyway I can input some html code on my main framset (index.html) which will block this or not?

I'm guessing not but it's worth asking!

P.S homepage is not done yet so don't go there!

BA

Ben Avery 15:48 29 Sep 03

My spelling and grammer are having a day off today it seems!

I really should start proof reading more...

Gaz 25 17:28 29 Sep 03

I think there is a snip of code that will stop pop-ups, but maybe not in the way that .tk works.

Taran 19:03 29 Sep 03

You got a free domain who give you the web hosting on the conditionof using their pop-up, andyou want toknow how to disable it ?

That's not strictly cricket is it ?

Besides, you'll probably find your domain name revoked double quick if their pop-up is disabled and rightly so.

I'd say your only reasonable option is to register and pay for a domain name or transfer your current name out (if allowed) to a dedicated host who will not insist on pop-ups to help them cover their costs.

Regards

Taran

Ben Avery 22:42 29 Sep 03

To be perfectly honest, I haven't really read into it regarding exactly what is and is not allowed (I know I should do really but time etc...). If it part of the deal then it's a fair cop and I won't remove it even if it IS possible.

I was under the impresion that they require having their site advertised (The popup being the most obvious way of assuring this). I did wonder however if a link in the links section would suffice for them.

Maybe my best option would be to email them and ask. That way I won't offend anyone and will find out for sure!

Thanks though.

BA

Ben Avery 22:46 29 Sep 03

I think you have mis-read what I've said. They don't advertise (not for profit anyway) on the domain by using popups. If they did, I wouldn't use them as popups annoy the hell out of me.

They have 1 popup on the initial homepage viewing which advertises thier own free domain service. No more, no less... well sometimees the popup doesn't actually work so sometimes it IS less! ;o)

That make sense?

Thread resolved anyway.

BA

Gaz W 23:58 05 Oct 03

I know this is resolved, but I remember setting one of these up a while ago, and there was a way you could configure it not to have the popup, but they always suggest that you have it (obviously).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…