DOSBox

silverdragon4 15:01 29 Jun 05

I just installed DOSBox for playing an old AD&D game.
when i installed the game and clicked play, a box appears saying "Graphics Adapter Type: (1) CGA (2) EGA (3) Tandy.

what do I put here? Ive never used DOS before

ACOLYTE 15:08 29 Jun 05

I think i would go for EGA first,most old games i have tried worked with EGA,but as there is only 3 choices try them all and see witch works best.

woodchip 15:09 29 Jun 05

It's so it loads a mock graphics driver

silverdragon4 15:18 29 Jun 05

OMG, lol. its working. I just realised how bad the graphics were. still good games tho :)

Diemmess 15:38 29 Jun 05

Assume it works on Enhanced Graphics Adaptor (EGA)...... Current default is SVGA and I wonder if Tandy ever did colour! Still Tandy always sang to their own sheet.

silverdragon4 16:40 29 Jun 05

only one I cant get working is Might & Magic VII it cant seem to find my DirectX. i reinstalled Dx, but nothing. guess that game wont work

ACOLYTE 18:04 29 Jun 05

I never could get MM7 to work with xp,it installed ok and even started but had errors as soon as the intro started i tried allsorts in the end i went out and brought MM9 and traded MM7 in, witch was a much better game graffically but the same kinda gameplay.
But i wasnt bothered cos i finished MM7 when i was running 98se.

silverdragon4 05:11 30 Jun 05

i got mm6,7,8 and 9. all work except 7. and 9...crap hehe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…