dos prompt box in xp

frasernet 20:10 23 Feb 04

can anyone help, i have started getting a dos prompt type thing popping up (black window) saying c\docum~\myname\locals\temp\msbb.exe i try to shut it but windows tells me the programme hasn't finished... whatever, is it a virus?? i recently changed my firewall.. this is probably connected, any ideas,, please??

temp003 03:15 24 Feb 04

click here

Download Spybot Search & Destroy to scan and remove it. (you may be told to schedule running Spybot S & D on the next restart). click here

Or to do it manually, open Task Manager, Processes tab, find msbb.exe, highlight it, and click End Process.

Then go to the folder (you to have enable show hidden files and folders to see it) and delete the file manually.

Then use msconfig, Startup tab, and untick the box for msbb.exe. Click OK.

If the file came with certain downloaded software, the software may not work, but frankly there's so much decent freeware around I'm sure you can find a better alternative.

It may have already downloaded other stuff to your computer, so better run Spybot S & D.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…