Do's and don't's

myphrill 11:37 25 Dec 04

Here people can list a list of do's and don't's for using your pc.

Heres mine, i rebooted my pc again and it seems fine, the only reason i think it screwed up before is because the ethernet broadband was connecting through out the whole process.

So i'd advice you not to connect to the internet whilst doing it, while booting up your pc is extremely vulnerable to attacks.

mbp 11:40 25 Dec 04

I can only connect to my ISP after I have booted up. How do you connect first before booting up?

make sure your firewall is switched on 1st sometimes if you have shut down the night before you have to unplug your router power for 15seconds then replug the router power after that you may have to refresh your network connection from your PC. I tend to leave my router switched 24/7 simply turning off the PC and that is now late evening & switching on 0630am next morning

myphrill 17:37 25 Dec 04

mbp, simply having it plugged in.

spruce 17:39 25 Dec 04

Do NOT eat yellow snow

Stuartli 17:47 25 Dec 04

Bit pointless as an individual thread.

woodchip 18:13 25 Dec 04

Don't jump of a cliff it hurts

myphrill 18:15 25 Dec 04

Stuartli.

This is for people who are newer to the pc world and for general do's and don'ts. heck, i didnt know its a bad idea to have your internet connected whilst rebooting your pc.

VoG II 18:15 25 Dec 04

Strictly speaking, it is the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts ;o)

Merry Christmas!

bremner 18:39 25 Dec 04

"I didnt know its a bad idea to have your internet connected whilst rebooting your pc"

Mine has remained connected since the day it was installed 2 years ago with absolutely no problem - why do you think it is a bad idea

myphrill 19:17 25 Dec 04

because when i did it, i got lots of viruses. the two times i rebooted my pc before that without being connected was fine. but rebooting for me whilst having an ethernet connection plugged in caused havoc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…