Doro usb phone trouble

1911 22:09 22 Oct 08

I instaled a Doro Usb Phone so i can use it for Skype. Installed easily and worked well. Trouble is I have no sounds of any kind and even the head set and mic which I used before wont work. Any one else found a cure?

kittenjane 22:12 22 Oct 08

what do you mean by the head set and mic do not work, are the audio driver properly installed on your pc?

1911 09:41 23 Oct 08

hi What I meant was that the only thing to work on audio is the Doro Phone. I cant record anything, I cant hear music, i cant hear instructional videos, Although I can see them. I used the headset on Skype for years without any problem and all drivers are up to date. if I uninstall the phone everything returns to normal. I have been in touch with Skype and the phone manufacturers website. No joy Thank you

ambra4 12:40 23 Oct 08

There are two things that you have to check and change

In Skype – Options – Tools - Audio Setting set the phone type to use the USB phone

In Windows – Control Panel - Sounds & Audio Device set the Audio default setting as the sound

card

1911 18:43 23 Oct 08

hi Did as you said got the sounds back but Phone is faulty. Can hear test voice but cannot be heard. Will try again later as I must go out now
Thank you.

1911 17:03 24 Oct 08

I did as you said and went over the possibilites till eventualy i found the right combination and all is working. Thank you for your help. John

ambra4 18:04 24 Oct 08

Glad to be of help

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5