Doppelgangers in the user logon (Vista)

polymath 16:36 PM 11 Jun 12

I've just created an account for a second user in my Vista (SP2) computer. The process is new to me. No problems except 1 little annoyance; Vista's logon screen is showing 2 identical logons for each of the 2 accounts. (I presume it's not supposed to?)

We can both log on with whichever of our 2 we select. They don't seem to be doubled up anywhere else (there are just 3 shown in User Accounts via Control Panel, including a Guest account). Is there a safe way to remove/hide the duplicate logins? I don't want to try anything that risks getting no logins (it would cause more hassle than it's worth!).

northumbria61 16:49 PM 11 Jun 12

This may help - enter link description here

polymath 17:23 PM 11 Jun 12

Thanks northumbria61 - so quickly too! I'll try that later, unless any solutions turn up in the meantime that are preferable. I'm just being lazy and hoping to avoid reading up on Regedit just now (I haven't used it yet, though I doubt it holds any fears when I used nothing but MsDos for 15 years!).

I wonder if it's something I should have done differently, or just one of those seemingly random errors?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…