Don't want to lose all my emails again.

Phrixos 06 Feb 12

Hello,

Over the years, I've reloaded Windows (various: 95 through Vista) several times—but not recently. On some of those occasions I lost all my emails. I can't allow that to happen again. An additional difficulty, I have just changed my email address—so I no longer have access to old emails via my old provider. I only have what's on my system.

My Windows Mail Email Store Folder is on a separate partition. Will they be safe there? I.e., is it just a matter of and after the reload, importing them back into Windows Mail?

While I'm at it, I've never been able to get back-up utilities to work for me. I guess I just don't understand them—which is why I back up most every file onto separate partitions, not once, but twice. And so, were I to copy and paste the Email Store Folder to a second location, would that offer me a second backup?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 06 Feb 12

Windows Mail Email Store Folder is on a separate partition. Will they be safe there?

Yes if op system crashes but no if partition is on same drive and drive fails.

Back ups should always be to two separate sources, one being an external source like external drive / DVD / online server

And so, were I to copy and paste the Email Store Folder to a second location, would that offer me a second backup?

Yes see above.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message