Don't want to lose all my emails again.

Phrixos 12:54 PM 06 Feb 12

Hello,

Over the years, I've reloaded Windows (various: 95 through Vista) several times—but not recently. On some of those occasions I lost all my emails. I can't allow that to happen again. An additional difficulty, I have just changed my email address—so I no longer have access to old emails via my old provider. I only have what's on my system.

My Windows Mail Email Store Folder is on a separate partition. Will they be safe there? I.e., is it just a matter of and after the reload, importing them back into Windows Mail?

While I'm at it, I've never been able to get back-up utilities to work for me. I guess I just don't understand them—which is why I back up most every file onto separate partitions, not once, but twice. And so, were I to copy and paste the Email Store Folder to a second location, would that offer me a second backup?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:49 PM 06 Feb 12

Windows Mail Email Store Folder is on a separate partition. Will they be safe there?

Yes if op system crashes but no if partition is on same drive and drive fails.

Back ups should always be to two separate sources, one being an external source like external drive / DVD / online server

And so, were I to copy and paste the Email Store Folder to a second location, would that offer me a second backup?

Yes see above.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED