Don't Panic!

Windsor 17:11 20 Mar 04

I have recently reformatted by W98 system, and all is well except that after installing some s/w (I think McAfee Virus Scan), I constantly get a window displayed as follows: 'Don't Panic! was unable to locate a required DLL (Panic32/PanicNT)'

I have removed McAfee but it is still there whenever I use a folder on the desktop.

I can find no record of it in 'Find'

Can anyone tell me what it is and how I can get rid of it!

Windsor

bremner 17:16 20 Mar 04

You must have or had Panicwares 'Don't Panic' click here you have not uninstalled it properly.

sicknote 17:16 20 Mar 04

Pop-Up Stopper reports an error regarding the loading of the Panic32/PanicNT DLL files

If the Pop-Up Stopper program reports an error regarding the loading of the Panic32/PanicNT DLL files, this is usually caused by one of the following situations.

1) If you are running a NT/2000/XP machine, and you do not have administrative access, or permission to write files to the WINDOWS or WINNT folder, the installation will fail. Log in as the administrator and install the product and these will be recognized by your local user account, as all local user accounts share the same WINDOWS or WINNT folder.

2) If you are running a virus scanner such as the GriSoft AVG virus scanner, it may prevent access to the Windows folder as it may think our software is trying to perform a malicious act, when in fact, it is just installing the DLL files required to run our product. Simply disable your virus scanner while installing and reneable after the installation to remain protected against real viruses.

3) If your Windows folder is NOT on your C: drive, the files may not be properly installed. Simply copy the files into your WINDOWS or WINNT folder on the drive that the operating system is installed on and the program will work properly.

VoG II 17:16 20 Mar 04

This? click here

sattman 17:20 20 Mar 04

Have you at some time had this software on your computor
click here

And therefore is the problem a result of this

If so re-install to repair

Windsor 19:53 20 Mar 04

Many thanks Guys - all is now AOK.

Windsor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…