Dont laugh ....

woofwoofbark 21:16 14 Mar 04

Ive had a computer for ages but ive never had a printer . so i was going to go buy one but a mate said he would give me an old one he's had just gathering dust ... its ancient lol but the thing is I need drivers to use it , he hasnt got the software so does anyone know where I can find any , preferably on the net ... its a Panasonic KX-P4430 , its really old , I will buy a new one but I wanna see how this thing works before I splash the cash .. hehe

Dont laugh please :p

any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

geo

VoG II 21:17 14 Mar 04

click here

Tee hee.

©®@$? 21:28 14 Mar 04

A List of Printer Drivers That Are Included in Windows XP

click here

your printer is listed so xp will be fine

if its 98 i'll keep looking

daba 21:30 14 Mar 04

... I thought this was a Dot-Matrix printer you needed a driver for. roflol.

actually did hook one of these (Epson) up to Windows some time ago, and although it actually worked well, boy the noise was awful, as it printed everything in graphics mode.

This meant that even the slightest off-white colours were causing the printing pins to fire all across the page.

The noise was very similar to scarping your nails down a blackboard !!!

daba 21:33 14 Mar 04

click here for detail if you are on '98

©®@$? 21:42 14 Mar 04

this is the driver daba's link is talking about

click here

Windows 3.1/3.11 drivers for the following printers KX-P1124i, KX-P1180, KX-P1624, KX- P1695, KX-P2123, KX-P2124, KX-P2180, KX- P2624, KX-P4410, KX-P4420, KX-P4430, KX- P4450, KX-P4450i, KX-P4451

if you have xp, all you need to do is goto add new printer, then point to panasonic kx-4430 and it will install a digitally signed driver, the same for windows me, but you may need the windows me cd

not sure about windows 98, if you have a cd and the kx-4430 is listed in the add printer wizard..just do that same

alternativly try the driver above

or hangon until someone or you find a windows 98 or windows me driver as a download

Audeal 23:42 14 Mar 04

Have you considered the problem of getting the correct ink or ribbon(s) for such an old printer.

If I where you then I would forget that printer and buy a new one. At least you will know everything will be obtainable and up to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac