don't knwo how to type pound?

7 01:59 16 Sep 03

i have bought my laptop from india and now i am in uk. As it doesn't have sign of pound so kindly tell me wat to do as i need it to type so many times.....

doug vem 02:32 16 Sep 03

I think the first thing is to provide some details. What is the operating system, make of laptop etc. Do you have a £ sign on your key board? It is usually shift 3. If you have then you may have to set the k/b to english. This depends on what the O/s is. Post the info and the techies in here will sort you out.

7 02:49 16 Sep 03

it is from IBM and doesn't have the sign of pound..and i am using the windows xp....

Jomi 07:17 16 Sep 03

Have a look in the control Panel, there should be regional and language settings, double click on that then, go to regional options and select 'cutomize' it should be set to English, United Kingdom.

Kitz E Kat 08:37 16 Sep 03

Till you get a better fix, you can use Start> All Programs>Accessories>Systems Tools>Character Map...That will have a £ sign, you can copy and paste this.

This will keep you going..

Yours
Kitz E Kat

DieSse 09:40 16 Sep 03

Hold down the Alt key and type 0163 on the numeric pad. So £

Kitz E Kat 18:15 16 Sep 03

I knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kitz E Kat

billyliv 13:58 17 Sep 03

Hi, Open a word document, Click on 'Insert', click on 'Symbol'. On the symbol tab click on the down pointing arrow and scroll to 'Times New Roman'. O the 4th line you will find the £ sign. Click on 'Shortcut key' and where it says 'Press new shortcut key' the cursor will be flashing. Press the Ctrl key and 1 on your keyboard and click 'Assign'. Now when you want to enter the £ sign in any word document press Ctrl and 1. Cheers, Bill

7 18:54 17 Sep 03

thank u billyliv .....that has sorted out much of my problem....could u please also tell me that how can i use the same while typing some where else other than word document like here or on yahoo messenger....

canard 19:42 17 Sep 03

I've had dollars for pounds since Win 98SE renstalled. Have done the control panel- regional-english uk as above but still have dollars and my " and @swapped. Any brainwaves appreciated.

DieSse 22:37 17 Sep 03

Control panel - keyboard - select the UK layout.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…