Don't know much about pc

Faisa 11:39 30 Aug 06

I would like to purchase a laptop as it will be very handy for my dissertation; however I do not know what to consider as a fairly good laptop based on their characteristics. So, I would be grateful if you could advise me on the feature of a good laptop.
Many thanks.

johndrew 14:14 30 Aug 06

You must decide on a number of points to enable people on the site to give you an indication:
1. How much do you expect to spend?
2. Will you only use the laptop for your dissertation or are you likely to want to play games, watch films/TV etc?
3. Will you be using it for browsing?
4. Will it mainly be connected to a mains power supply?

Faisa 11:08 31 Aug 06

Thanks for your reply.I would like to spend about £400 on the laptop. As well as useing it for my dissertation, i would also like to use it for browsing, playing games and watching films.

SG Atlantis® 11:39 31 Aug 06

playing games? which kind?

I'd consider click here

GroupFC 15:43 31 Aug 06

I know very little about PCs and even less about laptops but one thing I would say - "it will be very handy for my dissertation" - back-up, back-up and back-up (well ok three things!)!

ed-0 16:21 31 Aug 06

Or take a look at this. click here

Intel centrino duo, with a 60GB SATA drive, card reader, wireless, dvd burner and intels GMA chipset click here

The only downer is it's only got 512Mb of ram, but it should do most things.

£425.

terryf 07:20 01 Sep 06

Must you have a laptop, desktop with a wireless mouse/keyboard and a tft screen will take up almost as little room and for the same price as a laptop will give you more 'bang per buck' as well as being more upgradeable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos